HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound)
HIFU is an FDA approved technology known as High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound that is used for many treatments including face lifting & skin tightening. Is HIFU safe? It is a non-surgical alternative to facelift, without the painful consequences, and is safe and effective. What is HIFU used for? HIFU is an FDA-approved technology known as High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound that is used for several treatments including lifting & skin tightening. It utilizes ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production, resulting in firmer skin. Sometimes, the skin can look up to 10 years younger.
HOW DOES HIFU TREATMENT WORK?
HIFU, as the name implies, uses ultrasonic energy to heat tissues beneath the skin's surface. It is an innovative, painless, and non-invasive way to reduce wrinkles that lasts up to two years and is skin-friendly. Additional applications include face and brow lifting, tightening of the connective tissue and cellulite treatment. Highly concentrated ultrasound waves penetrate deep into the skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production. This can encourage your cells to make more collagen. More collagen means healthier-looking tighter skin. 20% of the result can be seen immediately after the treatment. 3-6 months later, the result is visible.
HiFu works by targeting deep down in your dermis and the SMAS (superficial muscular aponeurotic system) layer, which is deeper compared to all other facial treatments that are non-invasive. The SMAS is the layer that’s tightened during the process of conventional facelift surgery.
ARE HIFU TREATMENTS SAFE?
HIFU treatment is a non-surgical alternative for patients not wishing to have a facelift. Side effects of HIFU are rare, and it results in improvement in most cases.
The formula has been formally approved by the Food and Drug Administration. HIFU is currently recognized as a safe and non-invasive treatment that has assisted numerous people in achieving a radiant and youthful appearance.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
HIFU treatments have few side effects. After treatment, you may notice facial redness and swelling, which often lasts for twenty-four hours.
Side effects are uncommon, but some may experience tingling for some days after treatments, further as bruising, which will recede with time.
Following the treatment, it's crucial to care for your skin. decent SPF and moisturizer are recommended.
WHAT IS HIFU USED FOR?
With aging wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin occur. Many people consider undergoing HIFU treatment to help recover their younger-looking skin.
So if you suffer from loose skin in the face, neck, or mouth area, or if you have laxity or wrinkles, HIFU could be of help. It is most suitable for patients in their 40s and 50s.
BENEFITS OF HIFU TREATMENTS
Because of the multiple benefits, more people are opting for HIFU ONCE each year.
The following are some benefits of the HIFU treatment:
- HIFU Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and tightens sagging skin.
- Eyebrow lifting
- Help minimize the appearance of jowls
- HIFU improves the neck and defines the jawline.
- There is no downtime.
- Improves the appearance of the skin.
HOW MUCH TIME DOES EACH PROCEDURE TAKE?
Treatment duration times vary based on treatment area and the desired results. A single HIFU session, based on the area that is being treated, can last anywhere from 30 mins to 2.5 hours. Your therapist will advise you on the time frame required for your individual procedure.
HOW MANY 7D HIFU TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
- Metal implants in the treatment area
- Pacemakers or electronic device implants in the area to be treated.
- Heart Conditions.
- Blood Disorders
- Silicone Injections in the treatment area
- Open wounds or lesions on the face and/or neck
- Severe or cystic acne on the face and/or neck
- An active systemic or local skin disease that may alter wound healing.
- Autoimmune disease
- Bell’s Palsy
- Issues with the Thyroid gland
- Issues with the Thyroid cartilage
- Trachea Major vessels
- Breast Implants or Mechanical Implants
- Dermal Fillers (For Botox and Fillers, must wait for at least 4-8 weeks depending on how big the area was treated)
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Children below 18 years old
BEFORE STARTING 7D HIFU TREATMENT
- No Sun tanning for a minimum of 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid antibiotics or blood thinning medications 7-14 days prior to treatment.
- No Omega3 or Chemical peels for a minimum 2-4 weeks prior to treatment.
- No Laser or skin needling treatments done on the area for treatment for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Stop the use of “all-active” skincare products for a minimum of 4-7 days prior to treatment.
- No Alcohol 2 days prior to the treatment
- Keep your skin hydrated before the treatment by drinking a minimum of 1-1.5 liters of water per day for a week.
- If you have skin type IV-VI we will need to start using a melanin inhibitor (skin brightening products). Your therapist will discuss this with you, if needed
- Start to use a high SPF sunscreen 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Start to use a good quality skin hydration regime 2 weeks before the treatment using products with high concentration of hyaluronic acid.
AFTERCARE POST 7D HIFU TREATMENT
- Avoid sun tanning for a minimum of 7-14 days.
- Use SPF Sunscreen and Skincare with hyaluronic acid.
- Avoid Alcohol for a minimum of 3 days.
- Avoid scratching your skin.
- Avoid taking hot showers or going to the sauna for a minimum of 4-7 days.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking 1-1.5L of water daily.
- FACE & NECK $699
- FACE $499
- NECK ONLY $399
- EYEBROW LIFT $299
- EYE AREA $299
- ABDOMEN TIGHTENING $799